Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My Friend Kermit

My  Friend Kermit 

An evening in Indiana can be many things, in the summer it could be a little league game or a walk around the town, or a trip to the Park.  I spent tonight, a very warm night in March with my husband and my son (Josh 18).  We had dinner and then settled down to watch a movie. 

I can remember way back in the 80's, the Muppet Show was one of the shows each week that I loved to watch.  I don't know if that made me a geek  or what, but I love that frog. 15 years later my kids  loved to watch  The Fraggles and knew that Mom love the Muppets.  I sang Rainbow Connection in high school and won a award.  Just  for some strange reason I connected to Kermit. So it was really no surprise to me, when a few months ago my daughter ( who is now in college) called and said "Mom  me and Sam (boyfriend) just saw the Muppets and you have to go see it".  I hate the price of movies, so I don't go.  Making a long story short my husband took me and I was in tears.  So tonight when he came home carrying the movie and my son wanted to watch it with me, my heart strings were pulled again. 

Last year when Toy Story 3 came out, we took our 17 and 19 year old  kids to see the  movie, we were all in tears,  my daughter look at me and said I grew up with Woody and Andy.  It was true she was going to college and so was Andy. She packed boxes for the trip and some for storage, and so did  Andy  and of coarse there was a friend that had to go to college. 

So looking back I now understand that Kermit was my friend.  That's why when I see him hurting or I see him making a come back it pulls on my heart.  I think that kids today are missing that kind of friend.  Someone who in their world is their best Friend.  Someone who is there every week to make you laugh or make you cry.  Kermit I have missed you and welcome back, maybe someday you will meet my grand-kids.

Kermit the Frog, one of  my Best Friends..... When did that Happen........




No comments:

Post a Comment